Practical, vessel-based safety training and emergency preparedness has never been more accessible and affordable – in fact, it’s FREE!
(Get $50 off the purchase of a PFD with the Safest Catch program, click here for more details.)
The Safest Catch program is Fish Safe’s “Fishermen Helping Fishermen” mantra in action. Utilizing experienced commercial fishermen trained as Safety Advisors commercial fishermen receive hands-on training, onboard their own vessels.
get started with the safest catch
Sign up for the Safest Catch by clicking the button below. Please fill out the form and we will get in touch with you shortly.
What is it?
The Safest Catch Program is free to all BC commercial fishermen. It was developed by fishermen, for fishermen and was designed to remove the need for knowledge transfer from the classroom to the reality of a fishing vessel.
There are 3 main components to the Safest Catch:
- Onboard, vessel-specific safety equipment orientation
- Onboard, realistic and repeatable emergency drills
- Vessel-specific, documented emergency procedures
What's in it for you?
At the end of the day, the Safest Catch empowers fishermen to take ownership of safety onboard their own vessel. Other benefits include the following:
- Compliance with regulations
- Nationally recognized Safest Catch Decal
- MED A3 certification - offered as an option upon request
- Lots of FREE stuff!! Participants receive hats and hoodies and skippers/masters receive over $200 in safety gear contained within a Damage Control Kit and/or Emergency Kit